Community Reinvestment Act diluted

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sun Oct 24 09:42:52 PDT 1999

Although, I'm waiting for Doug's new book, How To Profit From the Changes in The New Banking Law, :o); I'm curious about how the law will effect that ubiquitous species the "financial planner".

Last year when these changes were in the works I had a discussion about them with one of the few Republican friends of labor who in my opinion has any credibility. The question I posed to him, is what happens to all of these independent "financial planners" who will now be faced with competition from commercial banks and if I read it correctly S&Ls too. Somehow I see the demise of Glass Steagall as putting a lot of people out of work or best case cutting into their earning potential in a significant way.

This should really hurt the less than college educated "financial planners" who will have a hard time getting employment with the banking and thrift industry. And my take is that the majority of "financial planners" are less than college graduates! Often with inflated credentials.

Meanwhile, I have been posting about the recent changes in Ohio corporate law. There is quite a bit in these recent changes relating to the organization of S&Ls in Ohio; the impact of these changes is unknown; although the outcome maybe a mini-S&L crisis in Ohio.

Tom Lehman