Thoughts after a week selling Europe to Yanks

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Oct 26 12:27:28 PDT 1999

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> > still a lot of unrented floors in the Empire State.
>
> What excellent synergy! The Empire State Building (still the 7th
> largest in the world?) *still* has only 60-70% occupancy, and,
> get this (who knew?) is *owned by Donald Trump* ...!

He must have bought in the last 10 years or so -- it used to be owned by Harry Helmsley.

BRW: I've never been in it, but isn't it kind of a screwed building? I've heard the windows are small, so the place is dark and that the climate control leaves a bit to be desired. That may account for its recesssion level occupancy rates.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com