NYT on Chinese embassy bombing

kirsten neilsen kirsten at Infothecary.ORG
Tue Oct 26 21:49:02 PDT 1999

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote, recapping his correspondence w/ Andrew Rosenthal of the NYT. Rosentahl wrote:

> If I had a reporter who
> came to me and said, "I just spent two days reporting and I found out
> the United States bombed an embassy deliberately, let's go with a
> story," I would have him reassigned. To another newspaper.

did you ask him why he didn't reassign reporters who came to him and said "I just spent two days reporting and I found out the United States bombed an embassy but it was an accident. the (arguably) most sophisticated intelligence organization in the world supplied the armed forces with outdated maps let's go with a story" ?