Chamber of Commerce/politics

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 27 07:25:34 PDT 1999

Peter Kilander wrote:

>I like this line: "Large companies tend
>to be less ideological than small business owners..."

If "ideological" is the way Times reporters say "rabidly right-wing," it's probably right. Wall Street is full of Democrats, and the Fortune 500 can live happily with the business wings of both parties. Support for the loony right comes from smaller businesspeople and lone wolf/arriviste Wall Streeters (e.g. hedge fund hotshots rather than Goldman Sachs execs).

Doug