Give Me Some Substance

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Oct 27 08:02:51 PDT 1999

The Chemical Brothers (not a particular favorite of mind but I think this video is compelling enough to mention) have a released a "controversial" video that has apparently been banned by major video outlets because of its potential to offend. Ok, this video has at all--Che, revolution, cola, sexy people, and oh so many levels of meaning. Personally, I liked it. It's not quite Leftfield's "Africa Shox" (with the best visual metaphor for racism in America I have seen), but it's damn clever.

http://www.astralwerks.com/chemical/video/ooc_director.html

Peace,

Jim

"Who knows how the cold wind blows in the regimental mind?"

-- Michael Marra