tosspot

oudies at flash.net oudies at flash.net
Fri Oct 29 08:44:20 PDT 1999

some hilarity on ice from the d.d.

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com wrote:

>Hmm, he thought, I need to be careful how I phrase this, for the censorbot
>was close to its limits for the week. Already, it was glowing red and
>giving off an entirely unwholesome smell. . . .

ummm were you talking about your fuser, the bot, or....uhhhh c*e*n*s*o*r*e*d

>Well, a "toss" is one of those things which kelley is always accusing
>economists of having in the privacy of their own bedrooms, or under the
>desk at _semin_ars.

well lookee here, i believe i accuse 'em of doing it far too much in public. i am into scopofilia and enjoy the show, but not forever!

and it's too bad you missed rob schaap's supafine musings on academic onanism on lists. kneeslapper.

>the "pot" would be a small receptacle used by the Victorians to capture the
>residue left by a "toss" for future medical examination, or for the
>artificial insemination of lesbian friends. (I may have a few of the
>details wrong here)

heh. in the US it's a turkey baster that's used for these purposes -- inseminarating in non-medical facilities that is.

here's a funny: i was once driving with a bud to a conference. he's a very conscientious feminist. we had to re-arrange plans b/c he and his wife had to go to the clinic b/c she was ovulating. pick him up from clinic. driving along and talking about all of this. the convo is pretty abstract, very feminist in its reflections on these issues --feminist in the sense that we were hashing out men's and women's gender identities in relation to having children, the tremendous pressure to have your *own* biological children. well all of a sudden it occured to me that i'd just picked the guy up from the clinic. heh. so i said, "so hey what *do* they give feminist men for reading material?"

i'm such a failed academic in these regards. this is *not* acceptable. thank god for these lists and three cheers to a sense of humor i say.

kelley