New approach to debt called for

christian a. gregory pearl862 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 18:22:47 PDT 1999

Chris,

As in your earlier lucubrations about SDR's, your "solution" to the problem presumes that the problem doesn't exist. Do you really think that if FDI to Africa is currently 1% of total (which it is), that somehow a fund made of TT revenues is going to somehow either make its way to Africa, or make any difference? I mean, who is going to administrate this fund? The IMF? The World Bank? What makes you think that either of these is politically available to that project? How is the fund going to be denominated? More SDR's?

Christian

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 4:56 PM Subject: Re: New approach to debt called for