Waco: A Blow for Home Video?

David Jennings [MSAI] djenning at ai.uga.edu
Thu Sep 2 06:58:08 PDT 1999

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Michael Pollak wrote:

>It seems the two are intimately related according to this article from
>today's New York Times.

[snip]

> "It's really unfortunate," said Mark Potok, a spokesman for the
> Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors paramilitary and other
> anti-Government groups. "This has given credence to the rest of
> McNulty's views, which are unsupported."

[snip]

> Despite the nomination (the film did not win), "Rules of Engagement"
> also was criticized for failing to accurately present evidence that
> placed the Government in a favorable light, and for numerous
> inaccuracies. Nonetheless, Mark Pitcavage, a historian who specializes
> in right-wing extremist groups and operates the Militia Watchdog Web
> site, said the film made McNulty a celebrity among followers of
> right-wing, anti-Government groups.

Question: How reliable are the claims in the film? How reliable are the criticisms of it? Any goods sources of criticism pro and contra would be helpful. (I want to review the counter claims, lest I become too "anti-Government".)

Cheers, D

---------------------------------------------------- David Jennings SSS II | Agri-Services Labs CAES, UGA

(706) 542-5350 | http://aesl.ces.uga.edu ---------------------------------------------------- "There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't." - Katherine Graham