Countering bigoted rightwing attack on Free Speech

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Thu Sep 2 17:43:52 PDT 1999

One of the things that struck me about Horowitz's column was his argument that blacks would leave America if they were indeed oppressed.

"If blacks are oppressed in America, why isn't there a black exodus? Why do all those black Haitians want to come here? To be oppressed?"

Maybe because Haiti is a hellhole? (I bet it will force itself back into the mainstream news after U.S. forces leave.)

Love it or leave it, eh? The obvious retort goes as follows: if white males are finding that America is becoming untolerably PC, why don't they emigrate? Or seal themselves off like Paul Weyrich suggests?

I still get a kick out of reading his "letter to conservatives": http://www.bradkeena.com/logs/Paul6.htm and Suck.com's response:

http://www.suck.com/daily/99/03/01/

Peter