Mike Moore @ WTO

Bill Cochrane billc at waikato.ac.nz
Thu Sep 2 19:45:23 PDT 1999

As a New Zealander I can only second what John says here, Moore is a nut period. Those who have had the misfortune to worked for the guy occasionally frequent my office, complaining of his minute intelligence, awesomely short attention span and wild enthusiasm for what ever popular fad happens to be in vogue at the time - think a dumb Mussolini with a love of free trade and your on the button.

Word is that the bipartisan support of Moore for the WTO in NZ was largely due to the fact that everybody wanted rid of the guy - a million bucks was cheap at the price.