E.T. phone home ... er, phone NSA ...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Sep 3 09:30:08 PDT 1999

I'm curious: is this good enough for felony indictments?

http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

/jordan

indictments of the NSA, Bill Gates, or the guys who hacked MS code?

mbs

I am sure the NSA and the evil Billwitch will agree the indictments should go to cryptonym.com.

But anyone who buys NT deserves to be turned out by the NSA and Bill anyway.

In any event, check this out:

http://www.bafug.org/NewRecord.html

The new record for one day download traffic at Walnut Creek CDROM, wcarchive hit 1.39TB (tera bytes?) in May right after Slackware 4.0 Linux was released. What's funny is while people were busy downloading Linux, they were doing so off a site running FreeBSD. The Linux FTP downloads were:

FTP Bytes Total Files Total %Bytes Total %Files ----------------------------------------------- /linux 637,121M 2,264,963 45.78 68.88

So the linux downloads were 45.78% of the total bytes and 68.88% of the total files of this 1.39TB.

Chuck Grimes