Ju-chang's pot

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Sep 6 10:51:06 PDT 1999

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. wrote:

> I would note that virtually every nation in the world,
> with the possible exception of a couple of places like
> Somalia that are in complete anarchy,

The August 28th Economist had an interesting (though not entirely convincing) article claiming that the people in the northern part of Somalia are "doing quite well, a lot better than might have been expected and better than some Africans whose governments are under the tutelage of western donors, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund."

I just toss that in for its interest value, which lord knows this thread could use more of :o)

Michale