East Timor and Kosovo

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 7 09:17:22 PDT 1999

rc-am wrote:

> yes, it is a hard question, and one that's better addressed to those who
> during NATO's bombing of yugoslavia argued against any intervention as a
> matter of principle, which not everyone did, including me. so, allow me
> to disrupt the polemic trenches just a little.

Western intervention in East Timor would be criminal, as is 30 years of western aid to Indonesia. I stopped taking Angela seriously on foreign affairs when she rejected the principle of non-intervention in referencd to the NATO aggression in Yugoslavia. She is just as frivolous here. Her principle seems to be whatever makes Angela feel morally self-righteous.

Carrol