Educating Ju-chang (Gini indeces etc)

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 7 11:07:35 PDT 1999

>From my experiences teaching so-called ordinary people, I would say that
people are upset about inequality and also do not know just how unequal things are. However, I also believe that folks do not think much can be done about it. You know, they say and understand that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but they don't know how to get beyond this. So the buy lottery ickets and dream. Perhaps this is a major failing of our labor movement, to develop any kind of class politics and to kick out the people who did.

michael yates