Henwood's theis, was Re: Immanuel Wallerstein

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 7 11:31:20 PDT 1999

Yes, Charles, that is an accurate reading of Doug's point. Always or never. Capitalism is never in crisis and never has been in crisis. And never will be in crisis. After reading much of his writing in LBO and his book *Wall Street*, I have reached the conclusion that Doug Henwood belives there will never be a crisis of Capitalism. What other conclusion could possibly be reached about this unnuanced journalist?

Steve