Law and Economics : Abolish private property

Thu Sep 9 09:56:41 PDT 1999

One longterm locus of left "law and economics" is the National Lawyers Guild. It's slogan is " To make human rights more sacred than property interests".

The paper introduced below , written for Guild Practictioner, is an example of lefty law and economics.

This paper needs to be criticized ruthlessly.

For a Campaign for a Constitutional Amendment

for a Right to a Earn a Living Wage

by Charles D. Brown

Introduction

The goal of full employment and the highest quality of life for all is at the heart of our struggle to make human rights more sacred than property interests. To accomplish this goal in the United States will take a mass, organized movement that through progressive stages and leaps reforms and ultimately revolutionizes our relations of production. An important aspect of this movement will be the legal forms that come to crystallize and institutionalize the fundamental economic changes won by the People.

The tactics and strategy in the economic struggle always necessarily include political and legislative goals. As our efforts address the most fundamental politicaleconomic issues, it is important that we have goals, strategy and tactics concerning the most fundamental law of the land , the Constitution, no matter how much the ruling class is above even that authority for now.

"Why a right to a job: a historical materialist perspective"

-clip_