the New Sincerity

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 10 13:38:42 PDT 1999

At 04:00 PM 9/10/99 -0400, Yoshie wrote:

>Meanwhile, noone has responded to my post titled Yugoslavia.

yoshie, i agree with the conclusion of tat posting that we have been "reduced to frustrating impotence" (hence the futility of protest actions, letter writings and revolutionary/radical psychodramas - serving mainly as a safety valve for disgruntled lefties), so ther was no point to merely say ditto.

the alternative to leftish symbolpolitik is getting involved in realpolitik, but i do not think that the idealistically oriented left is ready for such a drastic move.

wojtek (a disgruntled leftie)