Definitions of mo and pomo (jim o'Connor)

Barbara Laurence cns at cats.ucsc.edu
Fri Sep 10 16:24:28 PDT 1999

One of my favorite definitions (of many others) of a POMO is someone who doesn't want to grasp totalities hence never tries to; hence never learns whether it's possible to do so; then mistakenly claims that it's not possible for anyone to do so.

Another favorite is the dictum that one should never speak about the Other, that the Other must speak for herself. Which means of course that one not only can but must speak only of I, I, I, I, ad nauseum. Yes, that's a little unfair, but not too much so.