LBO web updates

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 12 13:42:35 PDT 1999

I've just added some stuff to the LBO website:

Two Kosovo-war-related articles from LBO #90

* a short postwar polemic <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/AfterWar.html>, and

* a report of a hideously bellicose editorial meeting at Dissent magazine led by guest of honor Field Marshall David Rieff. Dissent editorial board member Jo-Ann Mort pronounced this article "disgusting" <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Dissent.html>, making it especially satisfying to share with a wider audience via the web.

Updates using August figures to our pages on U.S. employment <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Stats_empl.html>, unemployment <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Stats_unempl.html>, and earnings <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Stats_earns.html> over the very long term. The earnings page has updated productivity statistics, showing the underwhelming performance of the New Economy, and the big gap between productivity and pay. But still, as the charts show, real earnings are up in the 1990s, a reversal of 1970s and 1980s trends.

Doug