East Timor and Kosovo

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Sun Sep 12 16:38:34 PDT 1999

At 14:10 06/09/99 -0400, WDK wrote:

>I'll bet neither the U.S. nor the U.K. government will lift a
>finger over the Indonesian government's continuing slaughter in East
>Timor.
>
>Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

How could WDK put his name to a prediction that could turn out so wrong?

I accept I do not know him well. And we can all get things wrong. But I have to wonder whether WDK comes from the large school of leftists for whom the fact of criticising one's government is more important than the accuracy of the analysis behind it.

Chris Burford

London