global riot!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 13 08:40:34 PDT 1999

Chuck0 wrote:

>Folks should keep in mind that this is from a right-wing newspaper that
>truck in hysteria about radicals.

But isn't it nice to know they're worried?

The bourgies do seem to be getting nervous about net-linked radicals. The guy I interviewed on the radio last Thursday, David Henderson, former chief economist of the OECD, is beside himself at the way webbed-up NGOs were able to derail the MAI. That cross-border solidarity we've been talking about for ages is now a possibility in a way it never was before. Maybe there is something to the New Economy talk after all!

Doug