Adjuncts

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Sep 13 23:15:00 PDT 1999

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

> Yoshie would like a union. Ours is an embarrasment. We want more money
> $$$$$$! There is little emphasis on making education a better
> experience.

Why not run for office in the next union elections, or convince a radical prof to do so? The GTFF wasn't always a radical union, lemme tell you. It was a long, punishing 5-year struggle to wrest control of the union from do-nothing, paranoid-obsessive staffers who gave themselves lush salaries while doing zip for grads (they were finally booted out), to the hard work of building a stewards system, emphasizing organizing and membership-run unionism, etc. It would all make one hell of a novel, for sure.

-- Dennis