Humor: Capitalists finalise global takeover

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Sep 14 07:35:48 PDT 1999

SUNDAY SHITE (Off The Wall) September 12 1999 Capitalists finalise global takeover

Mark Unskilled and Jessica MI5 part-timer

CAPITALISTS who masterminded this summer's riot in the City of London are planning a second riot to target anarchists, environmental activists and global grassroots organisations, Sunday Shite investigation has revealed.

Militant advocates of neoliberalism and globalisation including Western Governments, Investment Banks and Trans-national Corporations, which co-ordinated the police and media response to the June 18 (J18) action, have been in liaison with their American masters to make sure that any anti-capitalist activity on November 30 is white-washed as violent terrorism.

A website set up to co-ordinate the World Trade Organisation meeting in Seattle calls for "global negotiations to open markets in goods, services, and agriculture" and says that "The validity of the multilateral system is not in question". The Director-General of the WTO has said that the rising global grassroots opposition to expanding capitalism "will necessitate new skills at governmental and at the international level to marginalise and re-educate those citizens especially in the wealthy nations who will protest and march and call for barriers to be built to keep out products from poor countries".

Detective Chief Inspector Kieron Sharp, of the City of London police, said: "We are aware of this date and are taking the matter seriously.

"We are trying to assess what is being organised, but it's too early to say if it will be on the scale of the June protest."

The J18 day of action, billed as an international "carnival against capitalism", turned into a violent demonstration when the police began indiscrimantly batton and horse-charging the mainly peaceful protestors. 46 people were injured and property worth £2m was damaged in the ensuing melee.

After the protest, a secret meeting was held by US and British police and security services at which capitalist lackeys and members of underground fascist parties called for another attack on activists "while the iron was hot".

The worst violence occurred when sqauds of City Officers who had been deliberately wound up by incompetent leaders were let loose on the protestors with retractable steel batons. Jan Dost, of Rabobank, said: "It was unfortunate that we were targeted last time. I can only hope that this time the cops will be more relaxed."

A special police action camp, called Smash Commie Pinko Scum - intended to train police in harrasment and brutality techniques is to be held this week near Seattle. Among the participants are some City of London cops involved in the June 18 brutality.

In an e-mail sent to The Sunday Times last week, a copper warned: "People are really getting prepared for some bad policing. I guarantee that there will be some anarchists heads broken too."

Dave, a crowd control expert with the Seattle police said: "Indiscrimate brutal violence is the only way forward in crowd control and plans are being made to stage-manage another riot. We are waiting for further details by e-mail."

We Are The Filth, a police newsletter based in Brighton, recently told coppers that plans were under way and said that regular updates would follow.

In what is thought to be a trial run for N30, animal rights and anti-capitalist protesters plan to travel to Bournemouth this month for the Labour party conference. A heavy presence of badly-trained and heavily-armed police will ensure that "it all kicks off big time".

More than 16,000 members of the pro-hunting community will also be in attendance at the conference to protest against a possible ban on hunting.

These people will not be the victims of police intervention.

"Some passionate riot cops see this as an ideal opportunity to cause trouble," said one bobby. However, the WTO conference at the Washington State Trade and Convention Center in Seattle is regarded as the main event.

Seattle police have been liaising with the American Secret Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to prepare for the 10,000 activists expected, many of them travelling from Britain, Germany and the Netherlands.

Activists in Britain have expressed concern that small police forces, which previously acted independently, have forged links with the global secret services as a result of J18.

They say this will make the co-ordination of a global event much easier than ever before.

-- Chuck0

Alternative Press Review http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier!

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe