Who nOZe?

Bill Cochrane billc at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Sep 14 17:54:03 PDT 1999

Wo Max,

Dangerous stuff mate - It is a New Zealand Maori custom called a Hongi and not to be taken lightly. People here are real sensitive about Maori culture and not being mistaken for aussies, NB Oz = Australia Aussie = Australian Kiwi= New Zealander (yes I know that its silly to have a stupid flightless nearly extinct bird for your national emblem, I've always viewed it as a metaphor for our economy and at least its better than a sheep). We take a lot of ribbing from the Australians regarding sheep, our alleged intimate relations there with and our earthquakes but at least we arent Tasmanians.

Bill Cochrane Archivist Department of Political Science & Public Policy University of Waikato Hamilton New Zealand Ph 8384798

---------- From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Subject: Who nOZe? Date: Tue, Sep 14, 1999, 7:57 PM

Yo, OZ dudes . . .

What up with this rubbing noses I saw Clinton do with one of y'all?

Is it some kind of randy Southern Hemisphere thing?

culturally benighted,

mbs mayberry, usa