Reps delaying EITC

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Sep 14 20:21:35 PDT 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> [This is ridiculous; the government is running in the black and they do this.]

Yes, of course -- but I heard on NPR today that Ted Stevens(!), R-Alaska, has joined with whats-his-name (Demo from SD, minority leader) in denouncing this as dead on arrival at the Senate.

They've gone loony in the House, talking about extra months in the budget year. They are simply nuts, and I applaud them making someone like Stevens look like a 'liberal'. This is no Legitimation Crisis, but is sure is funny.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com