UK: we would have risked heavy casualties

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 04:58:43 PDT 1999

In message <v04210103b405fae10029@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>[What about that witticism about Blair fighting to the last American?]
>
>Press Association (UK) - Thursday September 16, 12:46 AM
>
>'We Would Have Risked Heavy Kosovo Casualties' - Robertson

yeah yeah - fighting talk, Mr Robertson.

(Incidentally, the new Nato secretary began his political career as an official in the boilermakers' union - how's that for advancement?)

(During the war, Robertson was snapped in crash-helmet leaning out of the cockpit of a jet aircraft - like Dukakis in the tank - and Guardian columnist Jeremy Hardy said that he looked like the fat boy in the rocket-ship ride outside of the supermarket, begging his mummy to put another ten pence in so that he could bomb the Serbs.) -- Jim heartfield