impossibility of soc dem in U.S.

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Sep 17 07:48:56 PDT 1999

> >Doug, what's the weather like in NYC. Are you having an LBO
> hurricane
> >watch?
>
> Lots of rain. Schools closed. Malathion washing into the storm
> sewers. Rudy strutting about, lacking only a balcony ...

Actually, having viewed him on the evening news, Rudy G. was looking pretty casual last night -- as Il Duce wannabes go -- in his führer bunker, er, "Emergency Command Center." Peerless leader was wearing a tennis-style sport shirt stenciled with the seal of the NYC Office of the Mayor *and* some important-looking inscription identifying the wearer as affiliated with Emergency Services *and* bold lettering further identifying the wearer as Rudolph Giuliani, Mayor. He was, to say the least, unmistakable.

The storm itself was a joke. The biggest risk I encountered was nearly being trampled by weather-bulletin-frenzied fellow railroad commuters fleeing the city.

Carl -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19990917/b5ec9aae/attachment.htm>