LBJ, sensitive guy

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Sep 17 14:18:22 PDT 1999

Max then said:
> Well, they were. Ain't no two ways about it.
> In what dimension were they not?

Well on foreign policy, Clinton's military body count - even if people opposed every deployment of force by his administration - is orders of magnitude less than either LBJ or Nixon. . . .

I'll take half your point on foreign policy, in terms of mass body counts. Though I suspect the press is not as sensitized to potential dirty deeds of U.S. counter- insurgency under Clinton that we could learn of later.

On the domestic front, however, it's hard to find much to favor Clinton.

mbs