weeding out criminals

Martin Schiller mart555 at inow.com
Sat Sep 18 10:04:04 PDT 1999

Doug Henwood said on 9/17/99 10:21 PM

> Harvard economist Robert Barro writes: "Apparently
>abortion particularly weeded out the children who would have been
>likely to follow criminal careers." Coming soon: Roundup for urban
>applications?

Thank you, Doug! Children of women who would have opted for abortion would otherwise have been unwanted children resented by their mother and experiencing the same realities that caused her to want to terminate in the first place. I'd guess that they'd be in a position to participate in economic crime.

Back to my thesis that reduced "fear of mothering" would serve as an effective social barometer and that because it is so closely watched by so many sectors of the society, abortion access would be a focus for establishing that index.

BTW - the roundup of those criminals requires that they be vital. They are the spearhead of US global hegemony.

warmly, Martin