weeding out criminals

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 18 19:45:27 PDT 1999

Martin Schiller wrote:

> How could that (free abortion and contraception) not do both? And is
> there something wrong with a position that improves the population?

There is something terribly wrong with the assumption that "improving the population" makes any sense whatever. In fact the assumption is so obnoxious or, rather, establishes such an obnoxious framework of discussion, that within that framework all propositions become repellant. If you can't see that your question is wrong, then I don't see how it is possible to have a conversation with you.

Carrol