East Timor, Kosovo, and Kuwait

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Mon Sep 20 03:12:19 PDT 1999

So NATO killed 2000 civilians. NATO's bombs certainly drove out thousands of Albanians, as Paul Watson of the LA Times and others reported. What distinguishes Serb brutality from NATO brutality?

The goodness of our inner selves?

We didn't mean to kill and displace thousands of Albanians and Serbians. We were just using our guns to help the freedom and self-determination of Albanians in Serbia. Somehow, a lot of people were killed and a lot of others were turned into refugees heading in the wrong directions.

We are just trying to do what's right, and we don't understand why the world hates us.

Sniffle, sniffle. Sorry.

Can we go back now to blaming black teenage mothers for everything: both the rise and the fall of crime, the decline of public education, falling IQ rates, white flight, gang violence, urban decay, and the destruction of western civilization as we know it?

Chuck Grimes