weeding out criminals

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Mon Sep 20 21:55:25 PDT 1999

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Martin Schiller wrote:

> >As startled as I am to say it, I agree with every word written
> >by Carrol above. And I think it was well put too.
>
> Which question? There were two. The first was how could you
> improve the conditions for women without improving the
> society. The second was what's wrong with a position that
> improves society.

This is all very nice, I'm sure (this improving of society -- how could anybody be against progress, after all?), but what the hell do you mean by "improving society"? Please define your terms. It really does sound like you think you know which kinds of children should be born (and of what kinds of parents) and personally, I don't. I don't know at all which kinds of children should be born. I do know, that any child born deserves a decent life. Further, I know, that it has much more to do with the society into which a child is born, rather than the individual person that bears the child, that will determine her prospects in life.

You want wonderful children? Build a wonderful world. You will never build a wonderful world by playing socio-biological games with deciding who should breed and who should not.

> I changed "population" to "society", because you, Carrol and
> Doug seem to have some association with genocide or class
> extermination that's triggered by the word.

No shit.

Yes, and if Uncle Adolph were writing these days, I'm sure he would as well. Especially if he had a good SpinMeister Docent.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com