pot a British plot

Sean Hayes shayes at ica.net
Tue Sep 21 14:57:24 PDT 1999

For the record, BC dope is actually quiet revered amongst those in the 'know' (not that I necessarily 'know'). 'What I've heard' is that there are two categories of marijuana: indica, which favours the temperate Canadian climes and induces a more physical stone; and sativa, a tropical strain, which has a lighter cerebral affect. If you were an American smoking in the 60's and 70's you probably smoked sativa. And, more than likely, it was sativa that Clinton didn't inhale.

Sativa is also known for inducing a feeling of paranoia in some people. LaRoche, it is safe to assume, has simply been smoking the wrong stuff.

BTW, Marijuana is now a (or, depending on the source, 'the') major industry in British Columbia. It accounts for at least twice as much as all the wholesale fisheries revenue in British Columbia combined (which was once the major industry). This partially explains pots quasi-legal status in BC and the civilized emergence of Hemp-cafes in downtown Vancouver.

It is also interesting to note that pot has become somewhat more of a cause celebre for the Right in Canada, rather than for the Left.

----

Doug Henwood wrote

--------- Alex Lantsberg wrote

--------