CAR SURVEY

DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com
Tue Sep 21 13:50:58 PDT 1999

Jim wrote:

>That's what makes cars attractive, though, that people decide for
>themselves where to go. Maybe the idea of lots of people making their
>own decisions upsets you. It doesn't me.

What about people having decisions made for them? I live in Los Angeles and if you want to really know this city and move around in it you *must* have a car, or at least have frequent access to one. Driving so much is not something I would decide to do given a choice. I enjoy driving and doing it here in LA can be a blast, like getting on some giant amusement park ride, but I would prefer to take public transportation much more often, as I did almost exclusively for 5 years in San Francisco. But that's not an attractive option here.