Saddam

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 21 22:21:18 PDT 1999

In that case, obviously, one couldn't support such a 'mistake.'

I recall also during the war on Iraq's civilian population on Larry King Live once, the ambassador ot the United Nations representing Iraq was taking phone calls from the US public and one caller kept on calling him by his first name. The ambassador stopped him and insisted that he first get clear that it was not proper to call an ambassador by his first name and that second it was even more proper to refer to him as Mr. Ambassador....Not that I'm that into authority reinforcing appelations....but in that instance I was saying to myself...Right on Mr. Ambasssador, you tell him...

Steve