Australian pressure to intervene

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Sep 23 11:36:26 PDT 1999

Catherine,

Even if Kissinger, et al did not play a role (and I have certainly seen lots of reports that they did), was not that episode a major reason for support for the republic in Australia? After all, whoever was behind it, the fact is that a duly elected government of Australia was sacked on orders from a monarch-appointed governor general. Did this not annoy lots of Ozzies? Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Catherine Driscoll <catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 9:26 PM Subject: Re: Australian pressure to intervene