Littleton: it's Adorno's fault

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Sep 24 13:49:44 PDT 1999

Doug,

I know that you are really into Beethoven. Does this mean that you are actually a Leninist? He went all squishy goofy soft over old Ludwig van.

I have a good friend (an economist even) who makes baroque instruments like viola di gambi by hand from scratch. Even sells them for a pretty penny. He claims that Beethoven was the beginning of the end of western civilization.

So there. Barkley Rosser (overquota again, darn it!) -----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, September 24, 1999 2:33 PM Subject: Littleton: it's Adorno's fault