Americanization of global finance (cont.)

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Sat Sep 25 08:44:08 PDT 1999

My take on this is that Japanese investors who invest in the USA have been led like lambs taken to the slaughter. How many Japanese have been sold the Brooklyn Bridge? Possibly, the Japanese are starting to get wise to the deal. Sure, the Japanese need a balanced trade relationship with the US--how long they will tolerate self serving flim-flam artists to get one is the big question? I think the free trade globalizers have screwed the Japanese so much that the Japanese are starting to get sore. If they take their marbles and go home, I wouldn't blame them. One good thing is that the Japanese have found American Labor to be a lot more trustworthy and productive--than the business elite.

Tom Lehman