Marx on free trade

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Sep 28 12:27:13 PDT 1999

Brad De Long wrote:

> National courts enforce the *implementing legislation*. But the
> implementing legislation can be repealed or changed (in which case
> you face trade sanctions).

The courts determine what is WTO or NAFTA compliant.

> National courts don't enforce the NAFTA.
>
> The claim that national courts would enforce the NAFTA and that
> America had lost its "sovereignty" was a Buchananoid-Perotoid red
> herring...

At least Max labeled me a Buchananite/Naderite. This is a decidedly significant step down in my standing here.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901