East Timor vs Somalia

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Wed Sep 29 07:04:56 PDT 1999

On Wednesday, September 29, 1999 at 00:32:12 (-0700) Max B. Sawicky writes:
>I never supported civilian bombing in the first place, you may recall.
>I was referring to the anti-military campaign, with all its flaws.

Just like our "anti-military campaign" in Vietnam, which was in reality directed at the civilian population. Just like our "anti-military campaign" in Nicaragua, which was in reality directed at the civilian population. Just like our "anti-military campaign" in Iraq, which was in reality directed at the civilian population. Just like our "anti-military campaign" in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden and Tokyo, which was in reality directed at the civilian population.

You just don't get it Max. We don't like to fight militaries, we never have.

We prefer to go after civilians when we can, and it was obvious that we would go after civilians in this case, as we did.

The "flaws" in the "anti-military campaign" were in fact the concomitant, ever-present assault and destruction of civilian society.

Bill