Marx on free trade

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Sep 29 12:28:09 PDT 1999

>>> Max Sawicky <sawicky at epinet.org> 09/27/99 04:12PM >>>
CB: . . . There is no threat of war between the old European interimperialist rivals, as was a very important aspect of Lenin's analysis and era. . . .

mbs: I think this is a key point, which incidentally can be turned up w/o benefit of Leninist analysis.

(((((((((

Charles: To ignore Lenin's originating the analysis is a sort of plagarism,

mbs: It's not plaigarism to stick your head out the window and notice the main capitalist countries are not at each others' throats. I was not referring to the original analysis (Imp the Final Stage . . .) which I read 30 years ago, probably didn't understand then, and have long since forgotten.

but of course, comrade Lenin didn't try to copyright his intellectual property. The issue of failing to credit Lenin is an expression of anti-communism, and , obviously, anti-Leninism. You might say "so what?" To me it is important because it demonstrates the scientific validity of Leninism , contra the bourgeois propaganda that Leninism is "ideology".

I believe the rest of Max's post is intended to agree with what I said, no ? CB

Yes but you don't make it easy.

If anti-communist means not looking forward to the goal of a communist society, or disagreeing with communists of whatever type, then sure I'm an anti-communist. So what. So is everyone else who is not a communist.

If it means advocating the persecution of communists or attacks on communist countries (of which few seem to remain), then I would deny being A-C and take the accusation as a slander.

Nor am I on any crusade to debunk Lenin. It's not worth the time.

mbs