U.S. prospects

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 29 13:03:35 PDT 1999

Michael Pollak wrote:

>This guy Frank Veneroso also writes articles with Robert Wade for New Left
>Review, no?

Yup.

> But he has a rep (even if as a maverick) on Wall Street?
>Intriguing. Is he an investment advisor of some sort? Or does he publish
>a newsletter?

He's a partner, with Marshall Auerback, in a research boutique called Veneroso Associates. Auerback told me they have trouble selling their research on Wall Street because no one wants to hear what they have to say. Jim Grant gets away with selling bearish research, but I think that's mainly because he's got a good prose style and can be funny. Still, I hear the last few Grant's conferences have been very thinly attended.

Doug