Christian operating system "Jesux"

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Sep 29 22:23:59 PDT 1999

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Johannes Schneider wrote:

> Joseph, are things that much bad in America, that you can
> take it for reality?

Yes, they still are, but you were right in this case; I was duped. From the report I heard, he fessed up last night. (Do note, however, I was never distressed the way he says some people were -- i posted it because i thought it was funny.)

But I stand by my claim that this is not at all implausible -- at least not in Texas. Here's part of his update, the full text is on his site:

Jesux Lives

Is Jesux real? I suppose I could carry on for months or years and leave people guessing. But I won't, entirely.

Jesux started out as a joke (and it still is, to some degree or another), based on the silly hubbub started over the mythical "Chick Linux". That whole thing was started as a mental exercise for Linux Chicks. They were simply discussing, "if we had a Linux for girls, what would it be like?" Predictably, flamage and overreacting ensued.

So Jesux was born, as a mental exercise. There was no goal other than to explore the idea.

The most important thing to note here is that Jesux was not intended as a slam on anybody. I am a devout Christian myself. Things were included in the distribution that I imagined some people might want. And, I think, it was a productive exercise.