Meszaros, progress

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Sep 30 06:58:52 PDT 1999

Re productivity as "saving time." Then the clock has been running backwards for about 12000 years. Hunter-gatherers seldom labor over 15-20 hrs per week. Capitalism also eliminated scores of xtian holidays in order to increase hours of work. And if one includes commute time in the work week (as one should), then the work week in the u.s. has been increasing for decades -- perhaps for over half a century.

Progress. It's wonderful. Carrol

Nothin' like a leg of raw mastodon, sittin by the fire on my favorite rock, watching the shadow play on my woman's butt . . . Doesn't get any better.

Alley Oop