He's Got the Whole World In His Hands

Thu Sep 30 07:27:25 PDT 1999

William S. Lear wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 29, 1999 at 22:56:50 (-0400) Doug Henwood writes:
> >Peter Kilander wrote:
> >
> >>Alcaly formerly taught economics at Columbia University, is a principal of
> >>Mount Lucas Management Corporation, an investment firm in Princeton, New
> >>Jersey.
> >
> >He's also a former Marxist who co-edited a book on the fiscal crisis
> >of U.S. cities in the 1970s, with special emphasis on New York. Now
> >he's a Greenspan-adoring hedge fund dude.
>
>What's with all these ex-Marxist apostates?

When you have a clear understanding of the class struggle, it helps if you want to become bourgeois?

Doug

Charles: Thanks Doug. I was just trying to think how to say something like that.

In a lot of ways, the working class and the bourgeoisie have more in common in outlook than either of them have in common with the petit bourgeoisie. Exact opposites are more alike than differents less than exact opposite. Marxism is a good reverse entre to being bourgeois.

Finally, part of the reason the bourgeoisie are winning the class struggle at this late date is that they have absorbed more Marxism (using it in reverse) than the working class has ( to use it forward).

CB