for you anti-anti-overpopulation types

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Thu Sep 30 15:28:43 PDT 1999

> >Still another option: What about shorter work hours?
> >you know, the old man's fishing in the morning and writing poetry in the
> >evening thing.
> >wojtek
>
> On this fundamental question, we are in perfect agreement!
> Yoshie

Actually, M&E posited hunting in the morning, fishing in the afternoon, rearing cattle in the evening, and criticizing after dinner. Now I personally have no interest in hunting or rearing cattle at any time of day or night (I guess the prospect of the former excites the hell out of Hearfield even as the latter seems so 'backwards'). I only go for fishing to the extent that it means sitting on bank with a pole, drinking beer, 'shooting the shit' with friends, and not catching anything, and I'm ambivalent about criticizing. But if, as M&E suggest, no one in communist society will have one exclusive sphere of activity, then, I want to surf in the morning, play basketball in the afternoon, play quitar in the evening, and smoke dope and have sex after dinner (well, since those will be ok any time of day or night, make it read after dinner). Maybe there is something to that techno- determinism stuff. Michael Hoover