ex-Marxist apostates (was He's Got the Whole World In His Hands)

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Thu Sep 30 22:39:33 PDT 1999

>I'll give a wild guess. It comes from holding marxism as a religion
>promising an inevitable utopia. Then one gradually moves over
>to a "God that failed" standpoint. And the or a major source
>of that communism-as-religion is the incorporation into marxism
>of the bourgeois idea of Progress as built into the very structure
>of the universe.
>
>Carrol

I think Doug's on to something when he suggests that many are intelligent enough to recognize the class stuggle dimension of society, but sell-out pure and simple, like Mr. Alcaly. Did anyone read about the ex-Marxist who's George W. Bush's pointman on "compassionate conservativism"? He had joined the Communist Party in his youth and seems rather nutty - more or less fit the profile Carrol's describing and not too interested in economics.