reassurance vs. jouissance

Martin Schiller mart555 at t-three.com
Mon Apr 3 15:41:05 PDT 2000

I read this today...

"I believe that if we had and would keep our dirty, bloody, dollar soaked fingers out of the business of these [Third World] nations so full of depressed, exploited people, they will arrive at a solution of their own. And if unfortunately their revolution must be of the violent type because the "haves" refuse to share with the"have-nots" by any peaceful method, at least what they get will be their own, and not the American style, which they don't want and above all don't want crammed down their throats by Americans." --General David Sharp, former United States Marine Commandant, 1966

I wondered if the General would find as much to resent today. Global corporate culture seems to have brought equality. Corp's don't exploit humanity much differently in this country. They just _own_ this place and intend to keep the costs down. Has anybody got a plan?

Martin