Chomsky, Popper, et al

Scott Martens smartens at moncourrier.com
Mon Apr 3 15:24:48 PDT 2000

I think it's time I bowed out and reread both Kuhn and Popper and looked up a few of Lakhotos' books. (Lahotas? - I need to check the archives) Perhaps my poor impression of Kuhn is coloured by how it has been used in linguistics - I am not, by any means, an unbiased individual.

However, the Chomksyans do argue that their linguistics constitutes a revolutionary shift of paradigm, and that is how they justify their (in my opinion questionable) methods.

Now, I have to plan a premature Microsoft funeral party. (Guilty, guilty, GUILTY!!!!!)

http://usvms.gpo.gov for those who haven't seen the verdict. (Guilty sections 1 & 2 of the Sherman Act, and guilty on most of the state counts, and no immunity from state prosecution due to Federal copyright law. How can I not party!)

Scott Martens

---

Envoyé par Moncourrier.com Vous aussi obtenez gratuitement votre adresse électronique sur Moncourrier.com