Canada's anti-corporate crusader

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 4 22:09:16 PDT 2000

"Peter K." wrote:

> Also, I'm not saying TV is better than word of mouth, but like it or not
> we're in the TV age, and for a lot of people, especially the young, TV -
> and film - gives a special validation to most of what appears on them both.

If you want "catch" people just for that magic 45 seconds in the voting booth, fine. If you want to create a bureaucratic social democratic or pseudo leninist party, in which the masses passively support leaders who will do good things for them, fine. If you want a mass movement, then .......

And do you really think CBS-ABC-HBO are going to give you enough hours in the week ?????? The mass media won't even review Chomsky's books. And how do you get an audience for speakers like him. By footwork and word of mouth.

Carrol